Hounds of the Heartland is the Central Oklahoma chapter of Greyhound Pets of America (GPA). This year the annual GPA conference “Howliday” will be hosted by GPA Emerald Coast in Gulf Breeze, FL April 11-14. Information about the event themed “Hooray for HowlyWood” is now available, so if you are interested in attending, book your room soon as they are filling up fast!
It is time to make your plans for HDH 2013…Mark your calendar for April 11, 12, 13 and 14, 2013 …and get ready for “HOORAY for HOWLYWOOD”! We once again have been planning for months so everyone can enjoy the camaraderie and have a good time. We will also be hosting the GPA National Business meeting on April 11 and 12 during Howliday 2013.
We are happy to say that HDH has grown every year. The Greyt results of this is, the reservations that are already booked for this years event, it looks like HDH 2013 will fill every room at the Quality Inn Bay Beach. So if you have not made your reservations yet, do not delay! Mention HDH when you book for our special rate…the number is 850-932-2214.
Just to give you a peek at “a few” of the things we have planned for you:
- We begin Thursday night at Pensacola’s famous Seville Quarter for a Welcome Cocktail party and dinner.
- Friday there is a lot to do with vendors, speakers, games, a wine and dessert gathering in the evening which is followed immediately by the wonderful Live Auction.
- Saturday there will be the opportunity for a Dolphin Cruise, Pensacola Track tour, our crowning of King and Queen, Movie Character Costume contest and more…completing our day that evening with dinner and our fabulous Fashion show!!
- Sunday we have our Blessing and Memorial Ceremony, The Starfish hunt and finishing with the winners of the Raffles and Silent auction announced.
- Our Raffle room, Vendors, Hospitality room and deck will be open Thursday through Sunday with times posted. Our tentative schedule, registration page, Saturday dinner reservations, tee shirt order page are posted here on this website, along with all other information involving “HOORAY for HOWLYWOOD”.
We look forward to seeing you all in April 2013! It’s going to be so much fun!